ColdFusion MX For Dummies
by John Paul Ashenfelter, Jon N. Kocen
Book DescriptionColdFusion MX is a Web-application development platform from Macromedia and it can definitely help energize your Web application development work. Super-simple to use - the only pre-requisite is knowing HTML - and featuring a set of powerful Web application development tools, ColdFusion MX makes it easier and quicker than ever to develop Web applications of every level of sophistication - from a homey photo archive of family snapshots, to a swanky enterprise application for managing electronic commerce.
Ready to turn up the heat with ColdFusion and take your site to the next level? Well, look no further. ColdFusion MX For Dummies offers you a fun, easy way to get up and running with everything you need to build amazing Web applications. In no time, you'll:
- Work with databases, forms, variables, and tags
- Get a handle on CFML, components database connectivity, and more
- Use ColdFusion with Flash, Java, and XML
- Harness Flash Remoting, XML handling, Web services support
- Integrate ColdFusion with other sites, applications, and Web services
- Supercharge your development efforts using Fusebox and FLiP
ColdFusion MX For Dummies is an excellent all-in-one source for newcomers to ColdFusion. It also provides developers who've worked with earlier versions of ColdFusion with an enjoyable way to get up to speed on all of ColdFusion MX's powerful new features. Topics covered include:
- Making database connections, working with forms, displaying data, and programming variable, decisions, and loops
- Building applications using the CF application framework
- Using custom tags, ColdFusion components, CFSCRIPT, and UDFs
- Building secure applications and debugging your ColdFusion application
- Using complex data types and WDDX
- Using Flash, Java, and XML with Coldfusion
- Understanding Fusebox and FLiP
ColdFusion MX is loaded with tools to help you build high-performance Web applications. But where do you begin? This friendly guide delivers all the answers. ColdFusion MX For Dummies is your passport to a bold new level of Web development.
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
Part I: Warming Up to ColdFusion.
Chapter 1: The Case for ColdFusion MX.
Chapter 2: Talking with the Database.
Chapter 3: Working with Forms.
Chapter 4: Displaying Data.
Chapter 5: Programming with Variables, Decisions, and Loops.
Part II: Turning Up the Heat with ColdFusion.
Chapter 6: Understanding the ColdFusion Application Framework.
Chapter 7: Using Custom Tags and ColdFusion Components.
Chapter 8: Building Blocks: Functions, CFSCRIPT, and UDFs.
Chapter 9: Securing Your ColdFusion Application.
Chapter 10: Using E-Mail in Applications.
Chapter 11: Debugging and Troubleshooting Your ColdFusion Application.
Chapter 12: Complex Data Types and WDDX.
Chapter 13: Files, Directories, and FTP.
Part III: Walking through Fire: Secrets of the ColdFusion Gurus.
Chapter 14: Improving Performance.
Chapter 15: Using Flash with ColdFusion.
Chapter 16: Integrating Java with ColdFusion.
Chapter 17: Using XML with ColdFusion.
Chapter 18: Integrating ColdFusion with Other Sites, Applications, and Web Services.
Chapter 19: Understanding Fusebox and FLiP.
Part IV: Hot Stuff: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Ten Cool ColdFusion Functions.
Chapter 21: Ten Best ColdFusion Resources.
Chapter 22: Ten More Cool ColdFusion Tags.
Part V: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Installing and Configuring ColdFusion Server.
Appendix B: A Quick SQL and Database Primer.